LFS Financial Systems is the management company of Access Microfinance Holding AG, which is the strategic investor in Africa, Central Asia / Caucasus and Latin America. LFS and AccessHolding are both based in Berlin (Germany). LFS, together with Access Microfinance Holding AG (AccessHolding), has built a network of specialized small business banks (AccessBanks) for which it acts as the management company and holds significant ownership. The AccessBank group currently comprises ten member banks in Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America, the Caucasus and Central Asia, which together employ more than 7,500 staff serving close to 1.5 million clients. One of our central business areas is the development and support of a growing bank alliance supported by our own software components.
We are looking in Berlin for a
Tasks & Responsibilities
You will contribute to our mission from inception to realization and support the development of integrated financial system platforms in an environment of rapid growth. As Solutions Architect, you will align the company’s IT strategy and technology with the current and future industry direction and therefore make a significant impact on the success of an evolving SOA-based enterprise software landscape.
Your tasks will include:
- Advise on and manage changes in development environments, platforms and technical directions as well as contribute to set-up of estimates for solutions’ build and support;
- Research, design and implement new IT solutions and ensure new and existing solutions fit into company’s IT strategy and technology;
- Oversee quality assurance for services within solution area and drive improvement and standardization of solution development processes and procedures;
- Model, document and communicate detailed end-to-end solution designs in line with company’s design principles, patterns, practices, and standards;
- Create prototypes to mitigate technical risk and to demonstrate solution features;
- Ensure satisfaction of customer requirements and engage relevant IT stakeholders;
- Proactively transfer and develop skills among the team members involved and provide advice and counsel to technical staff and other departments.
- Degree in Business Informatics, Business Administration, Computer Science, or equivalent;
- 5+ years practical experience in software/solutions architecture and system integration;
- Practical knowledge of data architecture and integration architecture;
- Detailed knowledge of patterns, practices and standards;
- Expert development skills (web services, ASP.NET, C#, Java);
- Familiarity with open-source enterprise service bus solutions;
- Familiarity with API management and other service-oriented integration tools;
- Knowledge of solution testing approaches;
- Experience in training technical and non-technical staff;
- Strong personal motivation and self-management as well as time management skills;
- Excellent people and communication skills;
- High proficiency in English (spoken and written).
How to apply
If you are interested in taking on this challenge and would like to join our team, please apply online.