AccessHolding is a is a strategic investor of a growing network of currently ten microfinance banks in Sub-Saharan Africa, South America and the Central Asia region. LFS Financial Systems, its founder and lead investor, manages the company and provides them with standards, services and staff to develop their business. The group currently comprises ten member banks in Sub-Saharan Africa, the Caucasus and Central Asia, which together employ more than 7,500 staff serving close to 1.5 million clients.
For our growing business, we are looking to strengthen our international and dynamic team in Berlin with one
Tasks & Responsibilities
As a new member of our Group Accounting & Reporting team, you will, depending on your seniority, support or take responsibility for the technical and operational control of the daily Group Accounting business in Berlin while working in an exciting multicultural and interdisciplinary environment. You will drive the project management for the general enhancement of AccessHolding’s reporting system and take over the following responsibilities:
- Manage set-up and upgrade of new automated reporting tool in close cooperation with IT developers at Head Office and bank level;
- Develop accompanying instructional material for staff as well as reporting guidelines for network banks and Head Office;
- Design newly tailored reports in liaison with Head Office Departments and ensure implementation and follow-up in reporting software;
- Facilitate cooperation with implementation project of new core banking software and ensure data availability in future;
- Liaise with network banks and ensure timely submission of individual data packages;
- Coordinate reporting activities of AccessHolding, including IFRS, annual group management, and contractual report production as well as ad hoc reports for internal and external stakeholders;
- Conduct first report reviews and provide drafts for report commentary;
- Manage statistics in internal operational database and shared drives and increase efficiency;
- Provide guidance to other team members to produce regular performance reports and analyses.
Beside the daily business, our new team member will also take over the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist in preparation of Board of Directors meetings and contribute to internal meetings and workshops with regard to reporting;
- Support network banks’ reporting staff and travel to the field if needed.
- Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or similar;
- At least 2 years of work experience in international business environment; preferably in similar capacity;
- Knowledge of different areas of finance; desirably microfinance and/or banking sector;
- Strong practical experience in IFRS accounting and financial analysis;
- Proven exposure to IT software and applications (i.e. MIS, bank software solutions);
- Experience in project management;
- Excellent Excel and general MS Office skills;
- Proficient report writing skills;
- Database Management experience is an asset;
- High level of numeracy and precise, solution-oriented working style;
- Ability to meet deadlines and motivate others to do the same;
- Experience in training others and excellent people and communication skills;
- High proficiency in speaking and writing in English, further language skills (Russian, French) are a plus.
How to apply
If you are interested in taking on this challenge and would like to join our team, please apply online submitting a CV plus Motivation Letter.